Sorry this is late. I guess I was confused on what we were expected to do after the reading , but nonetheless here it is.
When I first read the story I thought of the women as being someone who I should have felt bad for and may have been neglected or treated poorly by her husband. I thought that for her to show such excitement over his death that she must have been treated very poorly.
The second time that I read the story I saw the women as more of a selfish and spoiled type. Throughout the short story it is never mentioned that her husband treats her badly at all. In fact, it mentions how he lovingly looked at her at times. I found the womens response to the death inappropriate and very selfish.
I am not sure on the theme. If I had to choose something then I would say that it has to do with how if someone is selfish and acts/behaves that way then they may be punished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment